– 500g beef mince
– 1 packet corn chips
– 1 tsp Mexican oregano
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 onion
– 200g cheese, mozzarella, grated cheddar or a mixture of both
– 1/2 an avocado
– 4-5 tsp sour cream
– 4-5 tsp salsa
– Salt to taste
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tomatoes
– Optional – 1/2 pepperoni
– Coriander or basil to garnish
1. Chop up the onions and pepperoni and sweat until the onions are translucent and starting to brown.
2. Next, add your beef mince, taco seasoning and salt, and cook until you have some colour on the beef.
3. Once the beef mince is cooked, remove it from the Dutch oven and set aside. Wipe the Dutch oven with a paper towel.
4. Now you can assemble the nachos, starting with the chips, then some of your meat, tomato and finally cheese. Repeat this until all you have used all of it.
5. Once you have a final layer of cheese at the top, put your lid on the Dutch oven and add a few hot coals to the lid. This allows for most of the heat to come from the charcoal on top. Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
6. Once your cheese is sufficiently melted and gooey, you can garnish with your avocado, salsa, sour cream and coriander or basil.